Why We LOVE the 4th
Happy Independence Day to all! We sure love celebrating our love and pride for this country! So we thought, what better way to get our American pride on than to reflect on 10 reasons why we love the Fourth of July!
So cheers America! This one's for you!
1. Red, White and Blue are actually our favorite colors to wear on any given day. Red is always hot, blue brings out our eyes and is always a spunky summer color and white is arguably always looks good. So when we get to wear all of them together for the pride of our country - Magical.
2. There are BBQs galore. Burgers. Hot dogs. Corn on the cob. Yes please.
3. Considering we neither have school or work today, that's one reason to love it for sure.
4. FIREWORKS!! Who doesn't love sparkling splashy colors soaring through the sky. Actually, Sierra kind of doesn't because she has a fear of loud noises-- but that's just her problem.
5. We love seeing the spirit, happiness and pride in those around us. There is surely more smiling and friendliness today than any other day because we are all connected in the fact that wooh we are American and wow we love our freedom!
6. The Fourth is a beautiful day to spend with our family and loved ones! Maybe a little beach day with the fam, some family volleyball or just hanging out by the fireplace while a whole lotta hamburgers cook on the grill. Oh the happy memories of spending Independence Day with those you love most!
7. For those history nerds like Kate, this day was pretty darn important. The U.S. adopted the Declaration of Independence from Britain 241 years ago! So that's pretty cool. Let freedom ring!
8. Speaking of freedom ringing, don't y'all love those patriotic songs we learned in elementary school?! Nothing gets us going quite like when "God Bless America" or "This Land is Your Land" rings through our speakers.
9. Parades and Parties!! Check your local city activity listings! There are always so many cute parades and celebrations in our communities! Who knows, maybe just maybe you will even get the invite to one of Taylor Swift's annual a-lister banger.
10. When we become so strung up in our own life and its hardships, Independence Day brings us back to the reality of how blessed and lucky we are to have the life and freedom we have. The fact that we can wear whatever we want, say whatever we feel like saying, blog whatever we want to blog, and believe in whatever we want to believe in is a beautiful and happy thing!! So today we give our thanks to America and to those who fought and continue to fight for our wonderful country. We love you!!
The Happiness Hunt